“It is the oldest urban manor house in the town, having been built in 1509 in the Manueline style. This manor house was restored with dignity and transformed into a comfortable and welcoming hotel. The respected recuperation of the manor and its past, did not affect the personalised and careful service. The reception of the guests is done in the “Francisco Melo Alvim” Atrium which is a comforting start for the guest’s arrival at the manor. The access to the bedrooms and also the library is made up the Baroque balustrade stairwell.
If on one hand the original historic and cultural architectonic lavishness was wisely preserved in the restoration and adaptation to an hotel, on the other hand some details were emphasized and ambiances were created so as to lead the Guest through the distinct stages of the history of Portuguese architecture.”